Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Iran
Best rhinoplasty surgeon in Iran: as you may have heard, Iran is the rhinoplasty capital of the world. That means the country has one of the richest manpower resources for rhinoplasty. Iranian rhinoplasty surgeons are among the best rhinoplasty surgeons in the world and most of them graduated from reputable American and European universities. So, with thousands of qualified plastic surgeons in Iran, you may wonder how you can find the surgeon who is the best for you. Keep on reading this article to get the answer.
Choosing a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Choosing the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Iran is a key factor for achieving the best results. There are many considerations you should make when choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon.
- Use the benefits of word-of-mouth to find the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Iran. Friends who have undergone a nose job, operating room nurses, or surgical technicians who have worked with a cosmetic surgeon can help you in choosing a surgeon.
- It is important to come with a list of questions to ask the doctor at the consultation session. Take this very seriously in the same way you would seek out care for a significant medical condition and you will be successful.
- Once you have established they are a board certified surgeon in rhinoplasty, find out how many years they have been performing rhinoplasty, and how many times they have performed the procedure. The experienced surgeons have typically operated on thousands of patients and have refined their surgical skills. They are able to overcome complex challenges, identify solutions, and exercise their technical expertise.
- You should see plenty of before and after photos of rhinoplasty surgeries performed by the doctor, and find out whether they have enough skill for the procedure you want to get. It also gives you the opportunity to express your goals and get a feel for whether they understand and can deliver the results you want. If you notice that the surgeon always produces similar results, it is better to find another doctor.
- Find the sites that rank doctors and encourage reviews from previous patients and read what other patients are saying about doctors you are considering for rhinoplasty. As people often take the time to write a review online when they are not happy, much more so than when they are satisfied, you will usually read a disproportionate number of negative reviews.
- Having hospital privileges is another quality that you should check off. Majority of reputable plastic surgeons maintain hospital privileges for the convenience and safety of their patients. When your surgeon has privileges a hospital, you can be taken to that hospital if there is a complication during your surgery in an outpatient clinic so, it is a huge red flag if the rhinoplasty surgeon only performs rhinoplasty in the clinic and does not have hospital privileges.
Some questions that may help you choose the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Iran
- Does the doctor ask you about your reasons for having the procedure, and are you comfortable to talk openly with this doctor? A good cosmetic surgeon will explain all alternatives to the procedure and will not pressure you into making a rapid decision.
- Does the doctor answer all your questions clearly and completely? He/she should be frank about issues such as recovery time, results, potential side effects, risks, and realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedure. While before and after photos make a convincing statement, be sure to ask if the photos represent typical results.
- Are you a good candidate for the procedure you are considering? What will be expected of you following the procedure? Your doctor should openly discuss with you any issues that may affect your personal outcome.
- Can you talk to other patients who have had the same procedure performed by this surgeon? Friends can be a good referral source if they have had a similar procedure themselves.
- How much does the procedure cost? Is payment expected up-front? Most cosmetic procedures are considered elective and are not covered by health insurance plans.
- At which hospital does the doctor perform the procedure? Are you comfortable with being treated in this hospital? Is the hospital accredited?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic surgical procedures which requires expertise. It is performed on outpatient basis and the duration of procedure varies depending on the complexity of surgery and technique used. A typical rhinoplasty procedure commonly consists of the following steps:
Step 1 – Anesthesia
Anesthesia can be applied either as sedation anesthesia or general anesthesia. Intravenous sedation numbs the specific area of the surgery and the patient is often given IV sedation in combination with local anesthesia to help them relax during the surgery process. A general anesthesia may also be used during the rhinoplasty procedure, which puts the patient into a deep sleep. Majority of surgeons recommend general anesthesia to the patients.
Step 2 – The Incisions
The incisions in rhinoplasty are made depending on the method chosen by your doctor for you. In an open rhinoplasty, the incisions are made across the columella, the tissue that separates the nostrils, whereas a closed rhinoplasty involves hidden incisions inside the nose. A closed rhinoplasty is used for smaller adjustments to the shape of the nose.
Step 3 – Reshaping The Nose Structure
Once the incisions have been made, the surgeon raises the skin that covers the nasal bones and cartilage and performs the process of reshaping the nose. He or she makes the alterations such as removing bone or cartilage to reduce size of nose, adding a cartilage graft to increase the size of nose or build the new shape of the nose, straightening the deviated septum, and sculpting the underlying structure to the desired shape.
Step 5 – Incision Closure
Once the structure of the nose is sculpted to the desired shape, the surgeon will close the incisions with either absorbable or non-absorbable sutures. A splint is usually applied to keep the nose in place as it heals. Nasal packing is placed for a few days as well. Then the patient is taken to a recovery area to be monitored for a short period of time after surgery, to ensure the patient’s vitals stay regulated until it’s safe to go home.
Following the Surgery
Following the surgery you may:
- Experience numbness, swelling and bruising (they gradually fade)
- Have slight bleeding from nostrils which can be dabbed away
- Need to rest in a semi-upright position for the first few days and avoid bending down
- Be required to come into the clinic for a post-operative appointment 7-10 days after the surgery
After the swelling subsides completely, the final results of rhinoplasty will become apparent. About 90% of the swelling will subside in about three months but it may take a year to subside completely. The results of the rhinoplasty will be permanent.
Alarming Symptoms after Rhinoplasty
Call your surgeon immediately if you have:
- High fever (more than 38-39 Celsius degree) which persists despite increasing the amount of fluid intake and Tylenol.
- A sudden increase in the amount of bleeding from the nose unrelieved by pressure, ice, and head elevation.
- Persistent sharp pains or a headache that is not relieved by the prescribed pain medication.
- Dizziness, nausea, and vomit.
- Breathe shortness, High-frequency heartbeat.
- Increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness of the nose or eyes.
Iran Rhinoplasty Cost
Iran rhinoplasty cost vary depending on various factors since rhinoplasty is not the same for each patient. You should discuss with the doctor about the total rhinoplasty cost in Iran and payment structure before surgery.
Factors Affecting Iran Rhinoplasty Cost
Various factors determine the total cost of a nose surgery. They include:
The amount of training a surgeon has had, their experience, the number of positive recommendations they have gotten, and their reputation can affect the cost of rhinoplasty. An experienced surgeon with an outstanding reputation will often charge more than a less experienced one. Because an experienced surgeon is always in high demand and more likely to provide the patient’s desired results.
Type of the Nose
Type of the nose may affect the Iran rhinoplasty cost significantly. Unlike a meaty nose with a thin cartilage and thick skin, a bony nose has a firm anatomy and thin skin, so rhinoplasty for this type of nose usually has a more complicated procedure and people who have bony noses typically pay more for rhinoplasty than those who have meaty noses.
Type of Anesthesia
Rhinoplasty might be performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. Each type of anesthesia required for the surgery will likely affect the cost. General anesthesia usually adds to the total cost of rhinoplasty.
Like most services, rhinoplasty cost vary based on the geographic location of the surgeon and clinic. Generally, rhinoplasty will cost more in large cities with a higher cost of living and higher overhead costs. It means that you may pay more for rhinoplasty at a clinic that is located in a large city.
Rhinoplasty can be performed in one of two places: a private surgical suite or a hospital. Hospital is well- equipped to facilitate surgery involving a patient who has conditions that increase the risk of complications. That’s why rhinoplasty at the hospital typically costs more than it at the doctor’s clinic.
Complexity of the Surgery
The complexity and extent of the surgery can also add to the total cost of rhinoplasty. It will vary depending on the nasal problems, the patients’ specific goals, and the surgeon’s preferences (which technique the surgeon chooses: open and closed rhinoplasty). A complex procedure takes longer to complete, and therefore costs more than a straightforward procedure.
Second or revision surgery plays a significant role in determining the rhinoplasty cost. This type of surgery is performed when patients are not happy with the results of their plastic surgery procedures. For some patients, second surgery is necessary due to breathing problems that occurred after their first surgery. Second surgery is a very delicate and complicated job that requires a highly qualified surgeon so it is more expensive than others.