Iran Plastic Surgery
Iran plastic surgery: Plastic surgery is a range of procedures that aims at reshaping or restoring the form of the body. The term plastic surgery stems from the Greek word plastikos, meaning “to form” or “to mold”. This type of surgery came into prominence during World War I when it was used for the reconstructive repair of soldiers in the French Army and today, it is extremely common, with more and more men and women seeking to enhance their body. In most cases, people’s self-esteem, confidence and overall quality of life can be improved by undergoing plastic surgery.
Benefits of Iran Plastic Surgery
The benefits of plastic surgery are wide and varied. If you are considering plastic surgery, you should have a discussion with a qualified plastic surgeon. He or she can help you in determining which of these potential benefits may be applicable to you. Here are some benefits of plastic surgery:
1) Improving appearance
Undoubtedly, the most noticeable benefit of plastic surgery is improving appearance. Though it may seem superficial, everyone likes to look their best for psychological or emotional reasons. Plastic surgery is designed to change and restore a patient’s skin and tissue so that it functions and looks as natural as possible. For many a plastic surgery procedure can provide the balance and proportions needed to give them a natural look. No matter what procedure you are considering, the final result will be a physical transformation. Examples of individuals who need plastic surgery due to a physical deformity include mastectomy patients, children born with a cleft lip and palate, and individuals with scarring.
2) Improving self-confidence
Some people choose plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons and some others for medical reasons. For instance, children born with birth defects like cleft palate have difficulty in speech. They might be teased by other children growing up and this can affect them emotionally. In these cases, plastic surgery is seen as the solution. Their new look inspires self-confidence and can trigger significant benefits to mental health, such as fewer feelings of anxiety or depression. Burn victims and women who have undergone mastectomy can also get affected with their conditions and might not be able to feel comfortable facing other people. With plastic surgery, patients can regain their self-esteem and are more likely to try something they wouldn’t have otherwise. For example, they can take a class, apply for a job, or go for a swim.
3) Easing pain in patients with birth defects
There are children who are born with small eyes, deviated septum, and imperforate anus. These conditions and defects if not treated can cause discomfort and pain in patients. By undergoing reconstructive surgery, these children can be spared from further pain and suffering. Their vision will be normal as well as their breathing and bowel movement.
4) Restoring function and ability
Plastic surgery is a necessity in most cases. Children born with webbed fingers, cleft palate, and those who are lacking limbs can benefit from plastic (reconstructive) surgery so that they can perform activities of daily living. When cleft palate is corrected, the child will be able to talk clearly. By operating on the hands and using prosthetic devices, these children can act like normal children do.
Iran Plastic Surgery Types
Iran plastic surgery includes both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures:
Reconstructive plastic surgery is performed to correct facial and body abnormalities caused by congenital defects, injury, burns, tumors, disease, or aging. Generally, most health insurance policiesthis cover this type of plastic surgery, although coverage for specific procedures and levels of coverage may vary greatly.
Common reconstructive surgery procedures include:
- Breast reconstruction
- Cleft palate repair
- Burn repair surgery
- Scar revision surgery
- Hand surgery
- Repair of extremity defect
Cosmetic surgery is performed to reshape normal anatomy in order to improve appearance and self-esteem. This type of surgery is not considered medically necessary and because of being elective it is usually not covered by health insurance.
Common cosmetic surgery procedures include:
- Breast surgery: breast augmentation, reduction, lift, and gynecomastia surgery
- Facial surgery: facelift, brow lift, neck lift, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, cheek implants
- Surgery of the body: tummy tuck, lipomatic, liposuction
- Skin rejuvenation: laser resurfacing, Botox, filler injections
* Based on a person’s specific situation, there are a number of areas in plastic surgery that may be deemed either reconstructive or cosmetic, such as blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty.
Preparing for Iran Plastic Surgery
If you are considering plastic surgery, it’s necessary to discuss the following considerations with the doctor before your procedure:
- Ask the surgeon to explain the risks of the procedure.
- Give the surgeon necessary information about any prior procedures, history of chronic illnesses, or allergies you may have.
- Let your doctor know about any prescription and over-the-counter drugs you are currently taking.
- Tell him your expectations.
- Discuss the type of anesthesia.
- Ask about the aftercare and recovery time.
Pre and Post-Operative Instructions
Follow these instructions for any type of Iran plastic surgery:
- Stop eating and drinking for the recommended time period before surgery.
- Quit smoking two weeks before and after surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin, ibuprofen, vitamin E or other blood-thinning medications for two weeks before and after surgery.
- Follow any specific preoperative shaving, bathing, or cleaning instructions.
- Leave your jewelry at home.
- Do not wear make-up of any kind the day of surgery, including nail polish.
- Do not wear contact lenses or piercings on the day of surgery.
- Arrange all insurance coverage before surgery.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure.
- For the first 24 hours after surgery, you should rest.
- Keep your incisions clean and dry in the days following surgery.
Plastic Surgery Risks
General risks of plastic surgery include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Pain and discomfort
- Poor wound healing
Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
When you choose to have plastic surgery, there’s nothing more important than choosing a qualified, skilled, and reputable surgeon.
These days, you will find a confusing array of plastic or cosmetic procedures offered in settings ranging from hospitals to beauty parlors to shopping malls. To ensure you are dealing with the right plastic surgeon, follow the following guidelines.
- First figure out what you want to improve about yourself.
- If unsure, consult more than one surgeon since there are different ways of performing a procedure.
- Make sure the surgeon has a board certification.
- Ask about the surgeon’s experience with the procedure you are considering.
- Ask how often the surgeon has performed the particular procedure and why he or she recommends this method over others.
- Look at before and after pictures and make sure that it is theirs. This may help you find out whether they have enough skill for the procedure you want to get
- Ask about the anesthesia and surgical facility. Find out who will be administering the anesthesia and where will the procedure be performed.
- Make sure that you feel at ease with the surgeon. You should always feel that your concerns are being addressed and your questions are being appropriately answered.
Your plastic surgeon should:
- Answer all of your questions appropriately and clearly.
- Ask about your opinion about recommended treatment.
- Offer alternatives, where appropriate, without pressuring you to consider unneeded or additional procedures.
- Welcome questions about your procedure and his or her professional qualifications, experience, costs and payment policies.
- Make clear the risks of surgery and possible outcomes.
- Give you information about the procedure you want.
- Leave the final decision to you.
Qualities of the Best Plastic Surgeon
Compassion and empathy has a unique role when it comes to plastic surgery, particularly with trauma patients and those who have birth defects. Support and understanding of patients are integral to patient care. Patients should be the top priority for a good plastic surgeon no matter the circumstances, refusing gratuities and financial inducements that might conflict with patients’ interests.
A right plastic surgeon makes you feel at ease, listens to your concerns and welcomes any questions you have. He or she takes your personal goals seriously without over-promising and clearly explains both the risks and the benefits of the procedure you are considering. However, there are many plastic surgeons that tell patients only what they want to hear. The unrealistic expectations then make the patient unhappy.
The degree of creativity and scientific curiosity that characterize the best plastic surgeon distinguish the subspecialty from others. The ability to apply emerging science to medicine and surgery benefit patients as well as future doctors throughout all subspecialties. The right plastic surgeon is constantly searching for a new or better approach to solving problems. These traits make the plastic surgeon not only a better doctor, but an inventor and researcher.
It is important to know that the surgeon you select is board-certified in plastic surgery. Because many physicians with board certifications in other fields, i.e. dermatology, internal medicine, ophthalmology, can legally perform cosmetic surgery.
Board-certified plastic surgeons are required to have 3-5 years of surgery training, followed by 2-3 years of specialized plastic surgery training which include written and oral tests. Also, they have to do ongoing education and training or CME (continuing medical education) and a written test every ten years.
Nose Surgery Cost in Iran
The nose is one of the most prominent features of the face so it is important to be proportionate with the rest of the face and function properly. For those unhappy with the shape and/or size of their nose, nose surgery is a good option.
Nose surgery cost in Iran varies depending on various factors as this surgery is not the same for each patient. Thus, individuals should speak with the doctor about the total nose surgery cost in Iran and payment structure prior to surgery.
Which Factors Can Affect Nose Surgery Cost in Iran?
Nose surgery cost in Iran varies depending on a number of different factors, which include:
- Nose type
- Surgeon’s skill, experience and reputation
- The number of procedures included in the surgery
- Type of surgery (revision rhinoplasty)
- Geographical Location
- Surgical facility
- Pre- and post-surgical care
When planning surgery, you should consider additional expenses too. In addition to the surgery itself, you should consider the cost of your pre-operative consultations and follow-up appointments. Also, you will require physical examination, labs or other testing based on your health prior to surgery. Medications and dressings will be prescribed after surgery, so you should be prepared for the cost of them as well.
Nose Surgery and Health Insurance
If nose surgery is mainly performed for aesthetic reasons, insurance may not cover its cost. But, when this surgery is necessary to correct breathing and functional problems, such as for a deviated septum, insurance providers often do pay for it. The doctor will help you find out if you are eligible for insurance coverage by examining your nose.